News

NCIC deregisters construction film

September 20, 2017

National Construction Industry Council (NCIC) has deregistered Siyo Construction Company after finding it guilty of submitting fake documents for a contract.

NCIC chief executive officer (CEO) Linda Phiri said in an interview on Sunday that Siyo Construction contravened the rules of operations; hence, the deregistration.

Capital-Hill-YabookaSaid Phiri: “After carrying out our investigations, we submitted our case to the minister. The minister found our position convincing and upheld our decision.”

And in a statement issued on January 22 this year, NCIC said: “Siyo Construction was found guilty of professional misconduct and dishonesty for submitting fake documents for contract award contrary to the Code of Ethics for Contractors in the Construction Industry. Siyo Construction was subsequently struck off the register.”

An NCIC source said Siyo Construction mainly deals in civil engineering.

Siyo Construction chief executive officer Darlington Siyo on Monday confimed the development, but asked for more time as he was driving. However, when he was contacted later, his phone was out of network reach.

Last year, NCIC suspended 25 contractors and deregistered two contractors who were found to be involved in Cashgate, the plunder of public resources at Capital Hill which cost taxpayers about K23 billion between April and September 2013, according to a forensic audit report by British firm Baker Tilly.

 

This story appeared on The Nation Online on 28th January 2015 written by Paida Kadzakumanja http://mwnation.com/ncic-deregisters-construction-firm/. Copyright Nation Publications Limited

ShareShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someonePrint this page

Latest Posts